The Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC) regulates real estate brokers and sales agents, real estate inspectors, home warranty companies, easement and right-of-way agents and timeshare interest providers.

You can find more information and check the status of a license holder at:

You can send a complaint against a license holder to TREC.

A complaint form is available on the TREC website.

TREC administers two recovery funds which may be used to satisfy a civil court judgement against a broker, sales agent, real estate inspector, or easement or right-of-way agent, if certain requirements are met.

If you have questions about the activities of a license holder, the complaint process or the recover funds, please visit the website or contact TREC at:

Texas Real Estate Commission
P.O. Box 12188
Austin, Texas 78711-2188
(512) 936-3000